Miss L Lindsey – Careers and Higher Education Coordinator
The Careers department provides information, advice and guidance to students across all year groups. We provide targeted support to students in Year 9 with choosing their Options, students in Year 11 with Post-16 options and Sixth Form students with their UCAS applications.
As well as offering one to one careers interviews to students, we also have an extensive careers library stocked with a range of resources providing a wealth of careers information.
Throughout the academic year, we organise and coordinate a number of educational visits, talks and activities.
We aim to:
- expand students’ knowledge of jobs, careers and pathways available
- raise the aspirations of our students
- empower students to make informed choices about their future
- challenge any stereotypes related to specific jobs or career paths
- provide opportunities that students may not otherwise experience or have
The careers library is open at lunchtime and students are encouraged to come along and use the resources available.