The Careers department provides information, advice and guidance to students across all year groups. We provide targeted support to students in Year 9 with choosing their Options, to students in Year 11 with Post-16 pathways and to Year 12 and 13 with Post-18 pathways, including UCAS.
A local authority Careers Advisor is at The Totteridge Academy on a weekly basis to provide individual advice and guidance to our students. We offer an after school drop-in service for all year groups and an accessible Careers Library. The Sixth Form Progression blog ‘The Early Bird’ and the parent newsletter are updated weekly with new career and progression opportunities.
Throughout the academic year, we organise and coordinate a number of educational visits, talks and activities. The Careers and Work Related Learning Lead is Nurcan Irencin (Nurcan.Irencin@tta.org.uk).
We aim to:
· expand students’ knowledge of jobs, careers and pathways available
· raise the aspirations of our students
· empower students to make informed choices about their future
· challenge any stereotypes related to specific jobs or career paths
· provide opportunities that students may not otherwise experience or have
If you would like to find out more information, please read the following: