Updated: Jan 12
81% of students achieve a grade 4 or above in English and maths
Over two-fifths (42%) of students achieve the highest grades of 7 or above in English and maths
Year 11s set to take up their places at the academy’s Sixth Form in September
Following last week’s A Level success, The Totteridge Academy is celebrating again today as Year 11 students received their GCSE results.
81% of students achieved a grade 4 or above in English and maths and 68% achieved a grade 5 or above in both subjects. Rewarded for their commitment to their studies, over two-fifths (42%) of students were awarded the highest grades of 7 or above in English and maths.
Standout individual successes at the school include:
· Hung-Wen Liao, who achieved nine grade 9s and one grade 8;
· Kacper Jabluszewski, who achieved eight grade 9s and one grade 8;
· Aida Neagu, who achieved seven grade 9s and three grade 8s;
· Luiz Caushi, who achieved seven grade 9s and two grade 8s;
· Jasper Tumani, who achieved five grade 9s and four grade 8s;
· Shahir Mirzai, who achieved four grade 9s and five grade 8s;
· Hashir Haris, who achieved seven grade 9s, one grade 8 and one grade 7;
· Corey Last, who achieved six grade 9s, two grade 8s and one grade 7;
· Jake Tompkins, who achieved six grade 9s, one grade 8 and two grade 7s;
· Tayshaun Soyebo, who achieved five grade 9s, four grade 8s and one grade 7;
· Sophie Fung, who achieved four grade 9s, three grade 8s and two grade 7s;
· Maddie Haylett and Nima Moayedi Jorfi, who achieved three grade 9s, four grade 8s and one grade 7; and
· Pia Woolff, who achieved two grade 9s and five grade 8s.
One of the school’s top performers, Sam Shahiri, said:
“I feel a such a sense of triumph! It has been a complex journey with disruptions, and the multifaceted challenges of the GCSEs, but I am grateful that my hard work has paid off and it all seems worth it now. I am excited about starting my A Levels and what these results mean for my future.”
Another student, Beatriz Mendes Alem, who was awarded 10 GCSEs between grades 6 and 9 added:
“I am over the moon that I got these grades – they are even higher than I expected. It has been hard work and tiring but it was absolutely worth it. I have enrolled in the TTA Sixth Form and am excited that my great teachers here will be taking me on to A Level.”
Today’s achievements follow last week’s A Level success, which saw an impressive 33% of the school’s entries achieve A* or A grades and 87% of entries receive A*-C grades. These results allowed Sixth Formers to secure their places at some of the UK’s top Russell Group institutions to study a range of competitive courses, including Engineering, Law and Forensic Science. Many of the academy’s Year 11 students will be continuing their studies at the school’s Sixth Form in September.
Commenting on students’ accomplishments, Chris Fairbairn, Principal at The Totteridge Academy, said:
“Following last week’s A Level results, today’s set of GCSE grades cement a very strong year for the school. Our Year 11 students have overcome many obstacles over the past two years to achieve these qualifications of which they are all thoroughly deserving. I am particularly pleased to see so many of our students securing the highest grades, which is testament to their enduring focus and relentless desire to achieve their very best.
“Many thanks to staff across the academy for the excellent teaching they deliver to our young people, as well as for the wider support and advice they provide. We are looking forward to welcoming many of our Year 11s back into our Sixth Form in September, where I have no doubt that they will follow in the success of our outgoing Year 13 cohort.”